Many RTs are available from commercial suppliers. Avian Myeloblastosis Virus (AMV) Reverse Transcriptase and Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus (M-MuLV, MMLV) Reverse Transcriptase are RTs that are commonly used in molecular biology workflows. M-MuLV Reverse Transcriptase lacks 3´ → 5´ exonuclease activity. ProtoScript® II Reverse Transcriptase is a recombinant M-MuLV reverse transcriptase with reduced RNase H activity and increased thermostability. It can be used to synthesize first strand cDNA at higher temperatures than the wild-type M-MuLV. The enzyme is active up to 50°C, providing higher specificity, higher yield of cDNA and more full-length cDNA product, up to 12 kb in length. WarmStart RTx Reverse Transcriptase is a unique, in silico designed RNA-directed DNA polymerase coupled with a reversibly-bound aptamer that inhibits enzyme activity below 40°C. This enzyme can synthesize a complementary DNA strand initiating from a primer using RNA (cDNA synthesis) or single-stranded DNA as a template. RTx is a robust enzyme for RNA detection in amplification reactions and is particularly well suited for use in LAMP (loop-mediated isothermal amplification). The Template Switching RT Enzyme Mix features an RT that adds a few non-templated nucleotides after it reaches the 5′ end of the RNA template, enabling efficient template switching activity in a RT reaction. The Luna Reverse Transcriptase featured in Luna RT-qPCR/qPCR products possesses higher thermostability than many other RTs, allowing an optimal reaction temperature of 55°C.
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis Protocols (E6300)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis Protocols (E6560)
- Typical cDNA Synthesis Protocol
- Typical RT-LAMP Protocol
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0368)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0368)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0368)
- Terry Fei Fan Ng, Nikola O Kondov, Xutao Deng, Alison Van Eenennaam, Holly L Neibergs, Eric Delwart 2015. A metagenomics and case-control study to identify viruses associated with bovine respiratory disease. J Virol. 89, PubMedID: 25740998, DOI: 10.1128/JVI.00064-15
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.